Sunday 19 May 2013

The Enemy


So, growing your hair is not easy. And to make it worse, there are always little wispy fly-away's that prevent a smooth, sleek look when you are growing it. I have been growing and straightening my hair for some time and these fly-away's are the most irritating part of my morning. Turns out, there is a simple reason for them and an easy solution to preventing them.

I have a great hairdresser, I trust her with my hair which is like saying I trust her with my mental stability. I know that my thick, curly, unmanageable hair will come away from time with her looking gorgeous. She listens to me, and I listen to her. I visit Tamara only four times a year; I know, not often enough but I'm growing my hair out and I'm busy. the last time I saw her at the fantastic Lou Salon on Greville St Prahran she told me a little secret...

Hair ties, even cotton coated break your hair. Hearing this in summer would be a disaster but in winter it's kind of good news for us all. Long hair keeps you warm and looks great draped over the collar of a coat. So prevent breakages and leave your hair out this winter.

If you absolutely must put your hair up (and I must in the shower) get a butterfly clip and hold it up that way. I feel about butterfly clips the way Carrie Bradshaw thought about scrunchies, they should not be seen outside. Save it for the bathroom and you'll be fine.

Most importantly, wear your hair out - that's what you're growing it for after all.

Contact Lou Salon on 9529 7818

Please note: These images are the creative work of other very talented people and I do not claim them as my own.
If you would like to see more of me you can follow me on Instagram. I am chicexchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment