Thursday 6 June 2013

Style Challenge 1: A Week of Dresses

Typically, my working week starts on a high note with a dress and then slowly gathers momentum downward to end in jeans on Friday. This is followed by a weekend of more jeans and something dressy for a night out.

On Sunday night I was heard to cry 'No more!' and I made a vow to wear dresses for a full week. This is how it turned out...

Monday:
My morning was made more than the usual tense by my style challenge. I ended up wearing a Friends of Couture dress with a map of Mexico print with black leggings and black boots. This isn't going well...


Tuesday:
I remembered to inspect my legs for hair on Monday night (important to remember for a challenge like this) and applied self tan. So, today I wore an orange Gorman dress with black stiletto's. I looked fab and didn't even feel the cold (turns out smugness will keep you warm).

Wednesday:
I really hit my stride here. I wore a Gorman dress again; this time a 50s shape in brown, white and navy called Swedish Summer with a blue knit and my gorgeous John Fluevog's. Again, no cold legs despite this week being a real Melbourne winter.

Thursday:
Today was a double challenge; I promised a colleague earlier in the week that I would wear my new vintage cowboy boots...with a dress. So I ended up doing what any Melbourne girl would do, and wore all black. Black cowboy boots, black opaque stockings, a black Gorman kimono style dress and a McQueen scarf.

Friday:
I was going for a 'casual Friday' feel without being too casual. My normal solution to casual Friday is jeans so I simply dressified jeans. I wore a chambray dress from Gorman with black stockings, my cowboy boots again and a leather jacket.

Saturday:
I was meeting my mum for a little shopping in the city today so I wanted to look nice. I realised that I was yet to wear an H and M dress I had recently bought in America so I wore that with brown Country Road riding boots, a Burberry bag and Burberry trench.

Sunday:
I was heading out to a Biggest Morning Tea event to raise money for the Cancer Council. It was a women's only event and I was after a bit of colour. I again went for Gorman, this time in a multicoloured harlequin print in a 50s shape, bright pink stockings, tan John Fluevog heels and an old favourite Sass and Bide denim jacket.

Please note: These images are the creative work of other very talented people and I do not claim them as my own.
If you would like to see more of me you can follow me on Instagram. I am chicexchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment