Monday 19 August 2013

What I wore in a week


Inspired by this piece in the New York Times I decided to document what I wore for an entire week. I am an aspiring writer and a wild reader so this fits the mould nicely.

It began on Thursday, August 8th
I was heading in to work for the day so I went with black suede, studded Sportsgirl flats, black Jeanswest jeans that I have taken to folding upwards and inwards to give an ankle grazing effect, a plaid Gorman trapeze top with shoulder frill in black, grey and purple, black Country Road cardigan and Forever Now black coat.
In the evening I was heading to the William Mora Gallery for the opening of  with Mirka Mora and then on to a MIFF screening of Scatter my Ashes at Bergdorfs so I wore the same black jeans with my YSL suede peep toe pumps and black and white T by Alexander Wang knit.

Friday, August 9th
By the end of the working week just getting clothes on my back is a struggle. If I could go to work in my Pyjama's, by Friday I would. Instead I wore Flared blue jeans, a pale blue Ralph Lauren shirt and a zebra stripe Gorman jumper. I got a few compliments so I was glad I had second guessed the pj's.

Saturday, August 10th
Butcher, Green grocer, Supermarket and Dry cleaner. This equals the same flared jeans pulled on off the floor. A Breton striped cotton knit from France and ballet flats.
In the evening there was dinner at Jacque Reymond so it was time to dress up. A black silk Trelise Cooper dress that is embellished with silver netting and several black tassel's at the neck. this was accessorised with a Tiffany silver Torque bangle and a leather jacket. It was a little bit cool but still elegant.

Sunday, August 11th
Hampton street for coffee and a shop as well as the Esplanade Market. While the sun shone it was still cool so blue and white print peddle pushers form Portmans, a white T shirt and a navy wool Hudson swing coat. Effortless and comfortable just like you want Sunday to be.

Monday, August 12th
Back to work. Monday's are always the day when I am most inspired to wear work wear so today I wore a leather pencil skirt with black stiletto's. To add a bit of colour to the mix I donned a pale pink Ralph Lauren shirt and a chunky silver necklace.

Tuesday, August 13th
Feeling less inspired already so I wore a grey cotton skirt from...black tights and ballet flats with a black v-neck jumper. Simple but effective. The skirt has pockets which is a huge bonus for me as it means I can run around at work with everything I need.

Wednesday, August 14th
Black, black and more black.
Black jeans (already widely mentioned with a black Sass and Bide t-shirt, black leather jacket (biker style) and black Cuban heeled boots. Some days I just have to wear my heart on my sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment